- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
A Camp for Every Child — Near or Far?
Where do you want your child to go to camp? Locally or far away? While each camp experience has something to offer your child, this is an opportunity to assess what you value for your camper.
- Easier to evaluate and visit
- Friends and family likely familiar with camp
- Minimal travel costs
- Likely contact with classmates or children from same region
- Correspondence to and from campers is quicker
- More choices
- Different experiences, different geography, e.g., mountains or oceans — even different languages
- Promotes independence, particularly for early and late adolescent campers
- Diversity of campers
- Chance for family to visit and vacation at close of camp