- Get Involved
- Education & Events
- Publications & Research
- About ACA
Tips on Packing from ACA’s Presidential Outfitter, Lands’ End
Whether your child is a first-time camper or a seasoned vet, you should take a minute to read through these handy reminders from Lands' End Camp before sending them on their way:
- Be sure your child has enough clothing for their stay. If laundry services are available at the camp, you should check to see if the camp provides detergent and other laundry supplies. If not, be sure to pack some should your child need to do any laundry.
- Make sure clothing is easy care, wash and wear material. And ideally, fabrics should have stain- and wrinkle-resistant properties so they’re as easy to care for as possible.
- Make sure everything (and we mean everything!) your child takes is labeled with his or her name. This can be done with laundry pens, iron on, sewn in, or press-and-stick labels.
- Complete an emergency contact list your child can give his or her counselor. Even though the camp registration office will have this information, it doesn’t hurt to duplicate the effort (and it may save time should a situation occur).
- If you send your child off to camp with any new footwear, make sure they have had a chance to wear them and break them in prior to going to camp (nothing can spoil a camp stay like sore feet!).
- Make sure your child understands the importance of using sun block everyday (sunburn also makes camp no fun).
Following these tips can help insure you child has a great camp experience (and will be looking forward to next year’s camp stay as well!).